Monday, March 11, 2013

Egg Button Art

Is it just me or is button art all over the place? I've mostly seen it with monograms and hearts. I wanted to incorporate it in my house someway, but wasn't sure how. I liked the monogram, but wanted something unique. Brainstorming upcoming holidays I decided to make an Easter egg.



What you need:
1 frame. I bought the frame from Michael's that they sell for a buck.
Paper cut to a little bigger that 4x6 inches. I went for a green to kind of act as grass...
Buttons- white for the outside and then different colors for the design. I wish I had a more variety of size, but I still think it turned out nice.
Glue dots to put the buttons on with (click to learn to make your own)
Paint if you used a wooden frame.

The first thing I did was paint the frame. I choose a pastel purple color because it is Eastery and it wasn't used in the buttons.
While the frame is drying cut your paper.

Arrange your white buttons in an egg shape and glue dot in place.

"Decorate" your Easter egg and glue dot. 

I did 2 coats of paint.

Then add your paper to your frame and display.

This would be a fun activity to do with your kids. And it looks so nice displayed! Love it!

Be sure to follow me!

~CJ


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...