Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Life As We Knew It

I recently read a novel series called "Life as We Knew It" by Susan Beth Pfeffer.

File:Pfeffer Life As We Knew It 2006.jpg

I really enjoyed it! In books 1 and 3 it was written as diary entries of a girl named Melanie. Book 2 is still as a diary with dates and stuff, but it's just written as someone telling the story of Alex(3rd person I think).

So what happens is an asteroid hits into the moon, no big deal happens all the time. Except this time the moon gets pushed out of orbit and closer to the Earth causing all sorts of disasters. This book tells how they survived.

This book really got me thinking, how would my family do in a situation like this. Not necessarily the moon getting pushed closer the the Earth, but any kind of disaster. Are we prepared? would we be able to survive on our own?

I'm really starting to get serious about food storage and stuff. I've done pretty good with our 72 hour kits, which is a start, but I need to think bigger. And I'm constantly thinking of things to add.  As part of my church we are told to start by establishing a 3 month supply and build from there to get to a year supply. That is my goal this year to get to the 3 month mark. Ina  life or death situation I'm pretty sure we could get by for a month maybe 2. 

So in the next few months I'll share some ideas that I have for 72 hour kits, food storage, and supplies that I think are great to have on hand.

Challenge time! Do this with me! Prepare your family to have something in case of an emergency. Something is better than nothing. Share your ideas with me, and all others that read this blog!

~CJ

SPOILER ALERT*** One thing I didn't like about this book is it didn't end. I HATE THAT! I've been reading a few books like that lately. It ends with her saying what they are going to do and says I'm done writing, this is my story. So you never find out if Earth/ Mankind survives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...