Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Water Day

My goal was to do a post a day in May, but I have been feeling sick lately that it has been hard. I'm still feeling sick, but I didn't want to skip 2 days so here it is.

If you live in Mesa, AZ or have ever visited you know that it is HOT here! To cool off one day Ryder hosted a water day for his cousins. Because of fevers and schooling conflicts it only ended up being 2 of his cousins.


One of the activities I had planned was colored ice cubes. 
I bought the tray from Ikea for a buck (any ice cube tray will work). I filled up each slot with water and placed in 2 drops of food coloring. 

My plan was to have the kids get out of the pool and then when I say go they have to find their assigned color cubes. Since the kids ages ended up being 5, 15 months and 11 months we just worked with the older one. I put all the cubes in the pool and would say a color and he had to pick them out.

He seemed to enjoy it and it practiced colors and practiced taking orders:) Ryder obviously is too young to know colors, but he had fun trying to catch the cubes. Maybe we'll try this in his tub sometime.

The only downside to this is the cubes did not last very long. Pretty much just lasted long enough to play our little game and that's it.

We ended the day with a yummy Popsicle. Can't wait for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...