Monday, July 30, 2012

Bridal Shower: Decorations

I love throwing parties. However I always seem to skimp on the decorations. Here are the few things that I did for my best friends shower I threw a few weeks ago. The colors were yellow, brown and purple. 

The theme was "love is sweet" so I wanted that somewhere on display. Above the dessert buffet was this banner. (kind of hard to read)
 To make this you need thread, doilies and a writing utensil (I used colored pencil). Fold doilies in half. Glue to thread where you want them placed, and hang up to be admired! I love how this looks. I'm going to hang onto it and hang it up around Valentines day.

For the dessert bar we just used purple tulle around it to add some color.

We had a candy buffet so above that we made some of these pom pom balls. So easy to do! Take your tissue paper and fold accordion style (We used 8 sheets, 1 Pack). Tie fishing string around the middle Start fluffing out. I love how they looked! It added so much to the party and only cost about $3 to make and like 20 minutes!
 With the invites I sent out a recipe card to be filled out. As people walked in there was a bowl for them to place them in. Also one of the other games was on this table. The fabric is just pinned to the wall with a thumbtack. The edges are folded in so you don't see the raw edge. I would have hemmed it, but I want to do something else with this fabric.
The burlap banner was so easy to make and so CHEAP! Lips is her future last name. I'm in love with Burlap!!! Post to come:) This also doubled as a gift, how cute for them to take pictures with or even to use to decorate at the Reception!

I forgot to get a picture of this, but on the front door there was a WELCOME sign on the front door that the letters were horseshoes. (Doubled as a gift!) They are having a western themed reception and moving to Prescott, AZ. I thought this would be prefect for them. As a bonus it was on clearance at Joanns for like $7!!! WHooo!

What is your go to party decoration???

~CJ

See more about this shower

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...