Thursday, July 19, 2012

Swap Week: Homemade Cards


Today's swap idea is one that I'm pretty sure I have mentioned before. Card swap! We make a homemade card, and bring all the supplies for everyone to make that card.  So we leave with a bunch of different cards. I love doing stuff like this, it is so much easier and cheaper to make stuff mass produced. It has been so much fun and I have learned so many fun techniques.

We try to have a theme like masculine, Birthday, brides and babes, Christmas, Thank you, blank cards, etc. We have even done gift bags.

My own personal goal is not buying anything. It's great because my stash of stuff I'll never use is dwindling! Each card doesn't have to be the same. Like I did here, the layout is the same, but the paper is different. Great for getting rid of scraps.

I have become really good at making cards, the hard part is giving them away. I don't give cards out as much as I make them. Plus everyone in our swap group makes such cute cards I don't want to give them away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...