Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Swap Week: Freezer Meal Swap


I hope you are enjoying swap week as much as I am. Today's swap is freezer meals! It seems all over the place you see once a month/week cooking and freezer meals. I did it myself too. You can see that post here.

A friend of my suggested a freezer meal swap. I had thought about hosting one, but since I had so many swaps going on I was holding off. It has been nice. We have only met the one time, but are already in the midst of planning another one hoping to do it once a month.

There were 11 of us involved. So we made 11 of one recipe enough to feed 4 people. This gave us enough to have 2 weeks worth (assuming you do a date night every week or eat with the parents etc.) There was a lot of variety! We also decided that we'd provide tortillas, bread, or noodles that went with it. We tried for just doing crock pot meals too to make things easier, but really what ever you decide.

I hope you love this idea as much as I do! Give it a try with your friends. It has been so nice to not really have to worry about making dinner. Just pop it in the slower cooker. Serve with canned veggies or a salad and your family will be happy. Can't get any easier!

Here is a list of the foods that everyone did.

  1. Cilantro lime chicken tacos
  2. Chicken Chili
  3. Machaca Beef (for tacos)
  4. Teriyaki Chicken
  5. Buffalo Chicken- I add shredded carrots in mine
  6. Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
  7. Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini-
  8. Taco's (Precooked) With Tortillas and Cheese
  9. Chicken Enchilada/Tortilla soup with chips and cheese
  10. Chicken Alfredo
Someone actually ended up cancelling last minute so we had prepared an extra one so we did like a white elephant and exchanged our extra, it was kind of fun and silly.

I hope you enjoy! Let me know how it goes! ~CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...