Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Swap Week- Recipe Swap


This is day 2 of swap week, you can see day one here.

Today I'm going to tell you about a fun recipe swapping idea I started the beginning of this year. A group of us get together once a month and bring a recipe to share with everyone. We bring some already made for everyone to sample. Then they get to take a recipe card so they can make it on their own.

There are usually around 10 of us on most nights. It has been so much fun. The first time I did it I was explaining to my Husband what a recipe swap was. His reply was, "It's a freaking buffet, I wanna go!" Since half the people that come are family he usually gets a sample too.

We usually have a theme which makes it a little easier to come up with something. Here is a list of the themes we have done so far.


  • Appetizers
  • Breakfast
  • Pasta
  • Side Dishes
  • Crock Pot
  • Salads- (This month)
Future ideas
  • Main Dishes
  • Dessert
  • Beverages
  • Secret Ingredient (the month before we'll each submit an ingredient and then randomly choose one.) 
  • Christmas Recipe
  • Snacks

That is the line up for the rest of the year (if everyone agrees). It has been so much fun on the plus I now have a bunch of awesome recipes! Give it a try with your friends, Let me know how it goes.

~CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...