Thursday, August 16, 2012

Frozen Apple Bites

My little bug is 18 months old. It is nice because he can pretty much feed himself without making a huge disastrous mess. However there are a few things I wont let him feed himself such as yogurt and apple sauce. I found a solution to the yogurt while looking at Pinterest. I don't know what link I first saw, but it's everywhere. Frozen yogurt dots. Interesting...

I wondered if the same theory would work for applesauce. I decided to give it a try and make Frozen Apple Bites.
More after the jump...



What you will need
Applesauce
spoon
wax paper
and a cookie sheet (I was testing it so I didn't want to do a whole cookie sheet and it not work)

Line your cookie sheet or plate with the wax paper

Spoon dots or use a piping/ zip top bag onto the wax paper
 Freeze for atleast an hour 

I gave one the Bug to sample and he kept coming back for more. The good thing is these are healthy:)

Then peel them off the wax paper and throw in a zip top bag to store in the freezer so you always have a nice healthy snack on hand.


Give it a try and let me know what you think, and more importantly the kids.

~CJ

Linking to:


button Somewhat Simple

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I will be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your girls like them. I'm finding Ryder doesn't like really cold stuff, so sometimes he wont eat these, he does the same thing with ice cream, weird kid:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...