Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Frozen Breakfast Burritos

Once a month/week cooking to HOT right now and I'm being lured in with everyone else. It is so convenient! Weather it be doing a big cooking day, or having a swap with some friends, it is cheaper, easy, and healthier. No more take out because you don't know what to cook!***

***Confession, sometimes we still get take out either because I forgot to throw something in the slow cooker or because we just feel like going out!

Why should Once a month/ week cooking be limited to Dinners with leftovers for lunch? I'm working on some different breakfast recipes. The burrito is my favorite! So many choices and so easy!

It took me about 1 1/2 hours to put together 22 breakfast burritos. It wasn't bad at all. I set up a table by the computer and watched Netflix.

This is what was in my burritos.
Tortillas- 22
Cheese- Probably 2 Cups
Eggs- 8
Sausage- 1 lb
bacon- a few strips leftover
ham- No idea
sauteed onions and garlic (Hubs claims to be the key ingredient)- 1 onion, 4 garlic cloves
Tator Tots- 1/2 large bag
Franks Red Hot



To make make things easier if you are having any of this before hand make and stick in fridge. Ex. We had potato soup the night before that calls for 1/2 package of bacon. I cooked it all up and put half aside to use for burritos.

I didn't take pictures of the process because once I got going my hands were pretty messy.

Wrap each one in foil (I ran out and used wax paper too)

To cook, unwrap from foil or wax paper and wrap in a paper towel. Microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes.

These are perfect for breakfast on the go. And oh so delicious! Do you have any freezer breakfast ideas? Hopefully I'll be motivated to do some more that I have in mind.

~CJ



Party SixSistersStuff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...