Friday, October 12, 2012

Candy Bar Boquet

***OLD POST

Are you still needing a gift for your sweetheart for tomorrow? It's not too late, this project only took about 15 minutes once I had all the stuff gathered.

When Valentine's Day first started appearing at the store I noticed this candy bar bouquet. It looked like a fun gift for a guy. Immediately I thought I could so make that! So I took another challenge, could I make one cheaper than what they sell them for??? I decided to make one for the hubs!


 This one was at Fry's. It came with a vase, Dove chocolates, 3 Hershey candy bars and one of those $1 box of chocolates that aren't really any good. (personal opinion). Then of course the cellophane and ribbons... This particular one was selling for $16.99.

So I set out to make mine... I gathered all of my supplies. Most of it I already had on hand I just needed the candy and the foam to stick it into.
 You will need:
Vase
Skewers
tissue paper or cellophane (I only had tissue paper on hand)
tape
foam (I bought it from DollarTree)
Your filler I used the Crunch heart shaped chocolates.
Candy Bars I decided to use 6- Crunch, Kit Kat, Heath, Almond Joy, Hershey Almonds, and 100 Grand
Ribbon or tulle
First fill your vase with your filler. I didn't even use an entire bag.
 
Then tape your skewers to the candy bars. I was first rolling the tape and sticking it on with the stick in between, but later they would fall off so I would recommend just putting the tape on the normal way.

 Then get your form. I never realized how messy these were.... then stick your candy bars in. I laid it down because it wouldn't stand up straight.


 Wrap your form with tissue paper and stick into vase... Tie with ribbon or tulle.

Then add your own personal message


Now for the price match up. I think it might be close...
Frys to buy it was $16.99.

For me to make mine cost was...
candy bars- $3.75
filler candy- $3 have some left
foam form- $.50
Total= $7.25

However that was because I had a majority of the stuff, If I were to buy everything estimated cost would be...

Vase- $3 (cheap ones from Walmart)
Skewers- $1 for a pack of 100
Candy filler $3
Candy bars $3.75
Tape $1
Tissue Paper $1
Total= $12.75 
You would still spend less AND have stuff left over. Sounds like another win to me! I understand that when buying from stores you are also paying for the employee to assemble it together for you, but seriously this took very little time. 

So if you have a craft closet like mine you could make out with a nice gift for your valentine for under $8. Are it is more customized because you can choose his favorite candy! This would be perfect for any gift giving holiday or just because. Men love surprises too, almost as much as chocolate:) Or maybe I'm thinking of me...

I've also seen these with different snack items that would be fun also. Do you have any out of the ordinary bouquet ideas? One of these days I'm attempting a fruit bouquet.


~CJ


1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this. customized candy singapore

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...