Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chicken Taquitos

So since I am still lacking a computer I have no access to recipes. It requires planning and looking it up at one of our parents houses. (The Hubs' mom's computer just recently stopped working so now we are really limited)

One day we had some tortillas that needed to be used. Immediately I thought taquitos, but since I didn't have the chance to look up the recipe I made one up and it was gooood! So I thought I'd share...


Ingredients:
2 Chicken Breasts
1t chili powder
2 scoops sour cream
2 can diced green chilies
1/2 t garlic powder
a dash of salt
cheese ( I just winged it)
Tortillas (I used the burrito size because that is what I had, but any size will work depending on how big you want them.)

Bake chicken breasts for around 20 minutes at 350 degrees.   
Shred Chicken up, it's even easier if you have a food processor. It took like 5 minutes!


 Next add in all the ingredients and mix together, some of the cheese too...


 Spread the mixture on the tortilla. I was making these for lunch with no sides so I made them pretty big. If you were doing these as like an appetizer or something I would make them smaller with the fajita size tortillas not the burrito size. I made 6, but I think if you watched what you put in and used the smaller tortillas you could get around 12.

Roll them up and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes add some grated cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes until melted.

Top with whatever ingredients you choose. We personally love guacamole!

~CJ


Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...