Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chicken Cesar Salad

I made this the other night for a potluck with the in-laws. Big hit with the fam! I always hear, "I don't like Cesar salad, but this is good!"

Cesar Dressing
1C Mayo
1T Lemon Juice
1t Worcestershire Sauce (such a funny word...)
1 Clove garlic (the other night I just used like 1 1/2 t garlic powder instead)
1/4t Salt
1/8t Pepper
1/2C Parmesan Cheese (the powdery kind) 
1T Milk or half and half

Just mix together

Cesar Salad
I like to make a "not your typical Cesar", because really who wants a salad with just lettuce? So along with roman lettuce I added tomatoes and cucumber. Then the normal croƻtons and grated Parmesan cheese (I didn't have any) and the chicken of course. We've done it 2 ways, the recent was just grilled chicken and then in the past we did breaded.

(How I make my breaded chicken is dip in egg, dip in Itailian bread crumbs, bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Dice chicken and add to salad.)

You can either add the dressing to the salad and mix, or let people add it themselves. For this big salad (hard to see how big in the picture) I only used a little over half of the dressing.

Enjoy!

~CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...