Friday, June 1, 2012

Homemade Fajita Seasoning

I love Fajitas! Everytime we have them I say, "we should have these more often!" A while back I made them and realized once I started that we didn't have any seasoning. I turned to Google and found a few recipes. It was so good I have vowed to never do store bought again!

After looking at other recipes I came up with my own that is pretty basic. Thought I would share and inspire you to make some, so easy, tasty, and cheap. Though I don't know for a fact, I'm pretty sure it's healthier too!

Here is the recipe. Don't be afraid to double or triple it to have on hand.

Homemade Fajita Seasoning

2t Chili Powder
1t Salt
1t Paprika
1/4t Garlic Powder
1t Oregano
1/4t Sugar

Combine. Use about 3T for 1 Lb of meat. Store unused in an air tight container in fridge. 


Doesn't that look good! How I make my fajitas. I cook that chicken (sometimes I'll bake it and then throw in a pan). Add a layer of water and seasoning. Let that simmer covered for 5 minutes. Add peppers (the more color the prettier!), and onions. Cover again for 5 minutes. Add fresh tomatoes cut up and cover again for another 3-5 minutes. SOOOOO GOOD!!!!

I put in a tortilla, add cheese, sour cream, and guacamole! Tastes best when the tortilla is fried! Hope you enjoy!

~CJ

Linking up here:



3 comments:

  1. They look so good! We love fajitas, and we can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you this friday! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! The recipe doesn't MAKE 3 tablespoons! Do you just double it if you're making 1 lb of chicken - or is there a typo somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...