Thursday, June 28, 2012

Patriotic Pizza

On the second Sunday of every month My Husband's family has a potluck dinner. We try to have a theme to make it fun and to spark ideas of what to bring. For July, in honor of America our theme is Red, White, and Blue. I wanted to come up with something really fun and tasty. The easy way out is dessert. Assuming that most people will bring a dessert I did not want to go with that option. This is what I came up with... Pizza!


I know blue cheese looks a little weird. Because of it being different I wanted to give it a test run before the actual potluck. We made it for dinner last night and it was fun. Here is what you need.

Dough- We like to use the just add water kind. I makes it easy. You could make your own dough if you wanted. I was going to do the premade dough, but all I saw was round.
Mozzarella cheese- For the pizza with added veggies I did the pizza blend cheese.
Sauce- We usually use what we have on hand which was Hunt's spaghetti sauce.
Pepperonis
Blue Food Coloring
Veggies if you want to sneak some

Make your dough according to packaging directions. Form into a rectangular shape.
Our dough needed to be baked before putting toppings on.


I put about 1/2 Cup of cheese in a bowl with 3 drops of blue food coloring.

Put the sauce on the pizza.

If you are going to sneak veggies add those now.

Then cover with the white cheese

Then make strips with the pepperonis, we cut ours in half.

Add the blue cheese in the top left corner.
(Not pictured) I sprinkled a tiny bit white cheese onto the blue to act as the white stars. We baked ours at 450 degrees for about ten minutes.





Tomorrow I will have another red, white and blue themed post. Be sure to come back:) Id love for you to follow me!

~CJ

You can see where I party here






2 comments:

  1. Why have I never done this?! YOU ARE A GENIUS! I feel like a week before the holiday is not nearly enough time to make and take this all of the places I want to. I'll have to throw a pizza party just to showcase this aweomeness...bravo! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! I bet the kids would love to help create this.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...