With this new goal in mind I have come up with a list of 25 activities for us to do.
- Fly Swatter Painting- You could even do this with the sidewalk paint and do on the carport.
- Finger Painting- Doubles as some new art for the house
- Playing with beans- scoop and dump for loads of fun!
- shaving cream- If worried your child will eat it do whipped cream?
- sidewalk paint- Tons of "recipes" online. Can't wait to try it!
- colored ice cubes- You could use in kiddie pool, tub, or just bowls of water. Colder the water the longer they last.
- Oil, water & food coloring- Fun to watch
- Tin Foil- Let them crinkle it and help them make it into objects.
- Paint with different household objects- Find random things around the house, Q-Tips, water bottles, bread, etc.
- Truck painting- The wheels leave cool marks and kids love it! If you are worried about ruining your childs favorite truck DollarTree sells them in like a 6 pack.
- vegetable painting- Use potatoes, celery, you can do fruit too like apples.
- Play with cotton balls- These are a nice soft object. Make sure to have a cotton ball fight!
- Sensory Bins- There are tons of ideas out there! I really like this Ocean themed one
- Goop- Mix 1lb of Cornstarch with 2C Water, add food coloring if you wish.
- Homemade fishing game- Looks like so much fun and so easy!
- Paint with water- We've done this one and Ryder loved it! I just gave him a paint brush and a bowl of water and he painted the sidewalk and the wall.
- Mood Sand- mix together 4C sand, 2C cornflour, 1C water
- Picnic in the living room- A fun way to eat lunch!
- Build a fort and watch a movie- Maybe I can sneak some snuggles!
- Pots and Pans Band- Kids love making noise! Gather up some pots and pans and a spoon and let your child create some music!
- Jumping squares- Place squares or circles around the room and have him jump or step on them. I'm thinking out of felt. paper to me would slip.
- Magnets- And a cookie sheet. He loves doing this!
- Body Part Stickers- Pick up some cheap stickers from DollarTree and practice body parts. Have him put the sticker on his nose, ears, head, toes, belly button, etc.
- Balance Beam- Outside: draw a line with chalk Inside: use tape to make a line or just tape a piece of ribbon. Have child walk along the line.
- Play with Pudding or Jello- Doubles as a snack. YUM!
Do you have any ideas to entertain your kids?