Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ice Lick for Dogs

***Hello visitors! I'd love for you to look around, and I'd really love for you to stick around and follow me if you like what you see!

We have been blessed with 2 dogs. They are golden labs names Tonka and Ella. Unfortunately they are outdoor dogs and it gets pretty hot here in the summer. To help them stay cool I made them an ice lick.


I got this idea online for a container of some sort you can buy to make them. I can't find it now to give credit. It was fetchdog.com.

Here is how I made my own using a zip-top bag.

One night I cooked some chicken in the crock pot. I threw in my chicken, veggies, a few spices, and some water to cover it. After dinner we had all the stock left. I put it in a zip top bag and threw in a few doggie treats. You can really add anything your dogs like. I was going to do carrots, but we didn't have any. You can do toys too, but our dogs don't really care for them.

Stick it in the freezer. When time to cool your dogs off, just cut the bag so it comes out easy.
Our dogs loved it! They licked away for a good 40 minutes or so. It gave them something to do and it cooled them off a little bit.


Hope your dogs can enjoy this. I'd love to hear what kind of things that your dogs liked in their very own ice lick!

~CJ
Linking up Here:

The 36th AVENUE
Somewhat Simple button
Catch a Glimpse Button



1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from the Crafty Blog Stalker ... This is a wonderful idea. It gets very hot where I live in the summer also. My dogs is going to love this. Thanks for sharing.
    Karri
    http://www.mylifesatreasure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by. New followers are always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...